7 questions to raise immediately after you’re laid off
Millions of people are wondering what to do in the face of an actual or potential job loss during the Covid-19 global pandemic. If you are worried about losing your job (or already have), the author offers seven questions you should consider asking your boss or HR department:
1) When will I receive my last paycheck? Will I get paid for my unused vacation time?
2) Will I receive severance pay?
3) How long will I have to exercise my stock options?
4) Is the company offering healthcare coverage after my last day of work, and for how long?
5) Will you provide a reference for me?
6) How can I get copies of my performance reviews and by when? 7) What will happen to my 401(k)?