CAPD is a welcoming and affirming space for students who identify across the LBGTQ+ spectrum. We understand that your gender identity, gender expression, and/or sexual orientation are integral parts of who you are, and we offer our support as you engage in career planning and look for opportunities that will offer the safe and supportive working environments you deserve.
Resources at CAPD and MIT
- A career appointment at CAPD is an excellent opportunity to talk through questions of disclosure in professional settings.
- LBGTQ+ Services at MIT is an intercultural campus resource for diverse gender, romantic, and sexual identities.
- Find exactly what you’re looking for on our curated and annotated list of LBGTQ+ Career Resources.
Life After MIT
- Out & Equal has created this guide as a tool for LBGTQ people and allies looking to strengthen their understanding of how to share their stories in the workplace.
- Interested in entrepreneurship? StartOut has been the champion for LBGTQ+ entrepreneurs, promoted the successes of our community, and researched the economic impact of LBGTQ+ entrepreneurs.
- Learn more about legal protections for LBGTQ+ people and their families across the US.
- Gender identity influences pay. Visit CAPD’s Pay Equity page for resources that can help you evaluate offers, negotiate, and learn more about the gender pay gap.
LBGTQ+ Professional Development Fund
- These professional development funds are available to currently enrolled MIT undergraduate students to support educational opportunities, legal name change, professional attire, and more. Learn more at MIT WGS.
By: Turner Jackson | MIT Energy Initiative
“A big theme of my life has been focusing on intentional inclusion and how I can create environments where people can really bring their whole authentic selves to work,” says Joy Dunn ’08. As …
Graduate student Bec Roldan talks with this organic chemist about her calling to the research lab and how being queer emboldens her academic endeavors.
Possibilities Summits Program
The 2023 Possibilities Summits Program is a two-week virtual program that offers a diverse cohort of undergraduate students the opportunity to participate in hybrid interactive workshops designed to expand their personal network, cultivate top industry skills and …
by Angela Smith, MBA
You’re sitting in the interview for your dream job, and it’s going great. You’ve knocked the hard questions out of the park, and you and the interviewer are really hitting it off. Then, out of the blue, she …