CAPD is a welcoming and affirming space for students who identify across the LBGTQ+ spectrum. We understand that your gender identity, gender expression, and/or sexual orientation are integral parts of who you are, and we offer our support as you engage in career planning and look for opportunities that will offer the safe and supportive working environments you deserve.
Resources at CAPD and MIT
- A career appointment at CAPD is an excellent opportunity to talk through questions of disclosure in professional settings.
- LBGTQ+ Services at MIT is an intercultural campus resource for diverse gender, romantic, and sexual identities.
- Find exactly what you’re looking for on our curated and annotated list of LBGTQ+ Career Resources.
Life After MIT
- Out & Equal has created this guide as a tool for LBGTQ people and allies looking to strengthen their understanding of how to share their stories in the workplace.
- Interested in entrepreneurship? StartOut has been the champion for LBGTQ+ entrepreneurs, promoted the successes of our community, and researched the economic impact of LBGTQ+ entrepreneurs.
- Learn more about legal protections for LBGTQ+ people and their families across the US.
- Gender identity influences pay. Visit CAPD’s Pay Equity page for resources that can help you evaluate offers, negotiate, and learn more about the gender pay gap.
LBGTQ+ Professional Development Fund
- These professional development funds are available to currently enrolled MIT undergraduate students to support educational opportunities, legal name change, professional attire, and more. Learn more at MIT WGS.
by Angela Smith, MBA
You’re sitting in the interview for your dream job, and it’s going great. You’ve knocked the hard questions out of the park, and you and the interviewer are really hitting it off. Then, out of the blue, she …
Are you looking for ways to celebrate Pride Month? We have a few ideas:
KeyAnna Schmiedl | December 15, 2021 | Harvard Business Review
Although it can be challenging to get a full picture of a company before you actually land the job, here are some questions you can ask to understand if the organization …
Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index is the national benchmarking tool on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees. The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is proud to recognize the 767 businesses that …
Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD) is dedicated to helping all MIT students and postdocs in the pursuit of their career goals. We understand that based on your identity and the intersection of your identity, your career path may involve …