Advertise at MIT
In addition to posting a job or internship on Handshake, you’ll need to take extra steps to attract students. The following are tips and resources to help you build your company’s brand at MIT and be successful in advertising your company presentations, events, jobs and internships at MIT.
Infinite Display: Digital Signs and Advertising
These electronic bulletin boards are strategically located in highly traveled areas across campus. Find out how to rent space and run slides several times through the day, on a weekly basis, through the Infinite Display.
You can advertise in the student newspaper, The Tech.
Sponsorship of Career Advising & Professional Development Career Services
Employers can sponsor CAPD events and resources for students or participate in the CAPD Partnership Program to continue to build and strengthen their company brand at MIT. Visit our Sponsorship Opportunities page to learn more.
CAPD Digital Display
With two full color 32+ inch digital flat screen monitors, CAPD offers employers the opportunity to advertise directly to MIT students! Our electronic displays allow you to promote your organization and your events to the hundreds of students that visit CAPD on a daily basis.
- Main Lobby: Our 46″ screen located in our office’s main lobby, at the center of campus, in building E17 room 294. This area receives undergraduate, graduate and alumni traffic year round, and is a great avenue for outreach to a broad group of career minded candidates.
- Interviewing Lobby: Our 32″ screen is located in our On-Campus Recruiting lobby connected to, but separate from, our main lobby. This area is the gateway for some five thousand visits a year, and can be a very efficient way to promote your brand to our undergrads, grads and alum that are participating in On-Campus Recruiting.
Pricing (both screens)
- Day – $30
- Week – $130
- Month – $500
- Semester – $1,500
- Advertisements – Must be uploaded as .jpg images with 16×9 aspect ratio. (example: 1920×1080, 1366×768)
- Submit ad(s) via email. Invoices will be emailed. Payment must be made prior to advertising.
Please email a cancelation request prior to the date that advertisement goes live on the Digital Displays in order to receive a refund.
Poster on Campus
Contact Person: Rachel Maillet, 781-890-7850
- Get Involved: Participate in career fairs, resume critique events offered through CAPD, networking events at MIT, and offer company presentations to market your open jobs and internships.
- Use Past Interns: Have prior interns spread the word for you about your events or open positions. Send prior interns an email-ready advertisement that they can send to friends and student organizations.
- Seek out Student Organizations: Market your opportunity to student organizations that you feel align well with your company or opportunity. Employers may search MIT’s student organization database to identify organization websites and contacts. Select the option “search groups” to use a keyword search or select the option “list of groups” to view an alphabetical list of organizations with links to their sites. Sharing information about jobs and internships, company presentations, etc. with student organizations can increase your reach to students.
- Offer Innovative Company Presentations/Events: Consider offering not your typical company presentation. Hackathons, game nights, alumni speakers, and events that are “outside of the box” have the most success attracting students to learn about your company. Review our Company Presentation Tips for more ideas.
- Publish your Event on Handshake: Employers can enter their prearranged on-campus or off-campus events that they would like to to appear on the MIT events calendar in Handshake. Please allow 1 – 2 business days for your event to be reviewed and approved by CAPD. All event details must be complete prior to posting in the system. CAPD is not responsible for organizing event details or logistics. Events missing details (location, contact information, etc.) or not meeting MIT or NACE professional standards for recruiters will not be approved. Event approval is at the discretion of staff.
- Hold Office Hours: CAPD interview space may be reserved (free of charge) for informal employer office hours / drop-ins / meet-ups during non-peak interview weeks. These short drop-in style sessions with students are ideal for sharing information about your company / opportunities and offering students advice on resumes or applying to positions within your organization. The expectation for holding office hours / drop-ins are that they be open to all MIT students and that the sign-in process be organized by the employer. If you do not already have a Handshake account for your company, please create a profile. Then email email@example.com to request specific dates and hours to hold your office hours. Alternative locations on campus for office hours can be reserved through the Conference Services company presentation page.
- Connect with Academic Departments: Share information about your internship and job opportunities with academic department undergraduate and graduate administrators. Also consider using MIT alumni already at your company to connect to academic departments.
- Reach out to Students Directly: Search for students in Handshake that may be a fit for your job and internship postings and send individual students a targeted email.