The FYF initiative supports MIT first year undergraduate students as they transition into the world of career exploration and competitive job markets. By investing in relationships with undergraduates in their first year at MIT, companies can establish a robust connection with candidates and increase their likelihood of recruiting students in their subsequent years of study. First year undergraduates, on the other hand, have the opportunity to develop relationships with employers and gain clarity on recruiting and job and internships opportunities.
Check back on this page for upcoming events geared toward supporting first year undergraduate students attending the in-person and/or virtual career fairs.
FYF & FYF+ Labels
Employers registering for the Fall Career Fair will be asked to indicate how they would like to engage with first year undergraduate students at the fair and whether they have opportunities that first year undergraduate students are eligible for. Based on the employer’s response, the employer will receive one of the following labels in Handshake so that students can easily search for first-year friendly employers attending the Fall Career Fair.
- First Year Friendly (FYF) is intended for companies interested in engaging in career conversations and exploration with students who are in their first-year of undergraduate education at MIT
- First Year Friendly Plus (FYF+) labels companies offering internships and related opportunities that first year undergraduate students are eligible for, in addition to being open to having career exploration conversations with first year students
View First Year Friendly Employers
Students can view first year friendly employers in one of the following ways:
- Handshake – Using the labels listed above (FYF and FYF+) , sort through employers attending the Virtual Career Fair on Oct.13th.
- Virtual Fall Career Fair (10/13): First Year Friendly Employer List – this sortable spreadsheet contains 40+ first year friendly Virtual Fall Career Fair organizations
- In-Person Fall Career Fair(9/22): First Year Friendly Employer List– this sortable spreadsheet contains 100+ first year friendly In-Person Fall Career Fair organizations