Learn about average salaries for graduating students, top employers/industries, graduate school admissions data and more.
We seek to advance access and opportunity for students of all backgrounds. To strengthen our mission in providing holistic career services, we have provided a list of resources that acknowledge identities and experiences that are underrepresented, marginalized, and/or intersectional.
The resources on this page should be used as a reference for additional career support for students among various identities and experiences including but not limited to: race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, immigration status, nationality, and socioeconomic status
Download this PDF guide to everything related to career planning, academic pathways, and your job search.
CAPD offers a number of newsletters to fit your interests. Learn more about receiving interest based updates and news.
Vault.com provides in-depth intelligence on what it's really like to work in an industry, company or profession—and how to position yourself to land that job. Search current jobs and internships, research a company, school or industry, get the inside scoop on what it’s really like, and find the career advice you need to launch your career.
A variety of video resources that are always available to help you through the career exploration process
CAPDx (MIT log in required)
Exclusive skill-learning videos across subjects including job offer negotiation, med school interviews, and selling your global experiences in your job search.
CAPD is collaborating on a pilot with Codebasil, a coding learning and interview practicing platform. MIT students and postdocs will have access to their Pro Membership for free when registering with their @mit.edu email address — at least until the end of August 2021!
Use Codebasil Pro for access to:
- Curated problem sets designed by engineers to learn pivotal software concepts.
- Unlimited access to all frequently asked interview questions, solutions, and interview tips.
- Ability to customize your interview practice by filtering questions by companies and topics.
Codebasil was founded by a group of engineers at Silicon Valley companies to help others understand algorithms and pass software coding interviews at the most prestigious tech companies.
MIT-Only Resources (MIT log in required)
Get access to online resources exclusively for the MIT community, including:
- Handshake: tool for scheduling appointments with us and managing campus interviews, off-campus recruiting, job-search information, and event registration
- GoinGlobal: international job guide
- MyPlan: career planning and self-assessment tool
- Orbit: the platform for entrepreneurship at MIT where you can find startups, founders, investors, jobs, guides, deals, and connect with the community
- Last 7 Day's Jobs: Check out the last seven days of job postings on HS updated every Friday afternoon!