|Career Advising & Professional Development Service||Recent Alumni
(graduated less than 2 years ago)
(graduated more than 2 years ago)
|Career advising appointment||✔||see list of external providers||✔|
|Job Listings in Handshake||✔||✔||✔|
|Workshops and Events||✔||✔||✔|
undergrad alumni only
undergrad alumni only
|not available (unless you are also an MIT undergraduate alum)|
Career Resources for PostDocs
Schedule a Virtual Postdoc Career Advising Appointment
- Postdocs are eligible for virtual one-on-one career counseling appointments to talk about a wide range of topics including career exploration, conducting a job search, review of application materials and practice interviews.
- Schedule a virtual appointment on Handshake with Simona Rosu, Ph.D., Senior Assistant Director, Postdoctoral Career and Professional Development. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Sign-up for the CAPD Postdoc Career Newsletter
- Sign-up for CAPD's bi-weekly newsletter that provides updated on career resources, events, and opportunities.
Office of the Vice President for Research
- VPR manages an email list to send updates about postdoc issues, funding opportunities, social events, seminars, and workshops. An MIT email address is required to join the postdoc mailing List.
VPR provides career development information for postdocs.
MIT Postdoctoral Associaton (PDA)
The MIT Postdoctoral Associaton offers career tools for postdocs.
Join the PDA's mailing lists and following PDA social media where they offer career and professional-development opportunities.
Career Resources for Alumni
Alumni access to Handshake Career Management System
- Handshake is targeted toward current MIT students, postdocs, and alumni who have graduated within the past two years.
- Alumni seeking jobs will best be served by using the MIT Alumni Job Board. Alumni can also use this job board to post their own current employer’s career opportunities for their fellow alumni for free.
MIT Alumni Association Career Programs
The MIT Alumni Association provides career support for alumni by offering tools, programs, and tailored content on trending career topics and industries of interest. These career resources are available to all MIT alumni for life.
MIT Alumni Advisors Hub
Give or get advice, insight, and prep from alumni who are willing to share their knowledge and make a difference.