Let Us Help
If you plan on applying to medical, dental, or health profession schools, we can see you through the whole process, from the early stages of exploring the field to accepting a place at the school of your choice.
Prehealth Advising Drop-Ins
Have a quick question or need some just-in-time advice? Virtual Prehealth Drop-Ins take place on Tuesdays during the semester from 12pm to 2pm ET. There are no Prehealth Advising Drop-Ins during Independent Activities Period (IAP) or summer.
When is the best time to complete a prehealth advising meeting?
We encourage you to schedule a meeting at some point during your first year at MIT to ensure that you receive important advice and guidance about academics and experiences as you plan for a possible application. Whether you are a first-year student, sophomore, junior, senior, or alum, you’re invited to schedule Prehealth Advising meetings to get your questions answered.
How to schedule a prehealth advising meeting:
- If you have never met with Prehealth Advising before, please contact us at 617-715-5328 or email email@example.com to gain access to the Handshake appointment system.
- Log into Handshake to schedule an appointment with a prehealth advisor. Appointments are offered in-person, by phone or virtually. Steps 3-4 are only for students/alumni in the current application cycle.
- If you are in the current application cycle, please complete and save the prehealth advising questions.
- Submit the prehealth advising form. You will be asked to upload your prehealth advising questions to the form. The prehealth advising form must be submitted 24 business hours in advance of your prehealth advising COPA Enrollment appointment. If your prehealth advising form is not submitted 24 hours in advance, you will be asked to reschedule.
What happens during a prehealth advising meeting?
- Explore whether a career in the health professions is right for you.
- Discuss your reasoning for pursuing a career in the health professions.
- Identify areas of your application to strengthen and tangible next steps for improvement.
- Select the application cycle that best ensures your chance for successful admission.