Lux Research is a leading provider of sustainable innovation research and advisory services, helping clients drive growth through emerging technology innovation. Lux Research combines technical expertise and business insights with a proprietary intelligence platform, using advanced analytics and data science to surface true leading indicators. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux empowers clients to make more informed decisions today to ensure future success.
Across all industries, an ever-increasing focus on sustainability is a major driver of change in business as we all strive to meet corporate sustainability goals, government regulations, and consumer expectations. When these important but sometimes competing priorities are in conflict with one another and difficult decisions need to be made, business leaders need someone they can trust to help them make the correct decision. With our diverse team of analysts and myriad relationships across our clients’ industries, Lux is uniquely positioned to be The Deciding Factor.
Lux Research is seeking a Research Associate (RA) who will generate the core research that helps Lux clients make better decisions about sustainable innovation. Lux RAs are known for their thorough knowledge of and insight into their coverage area and use it to support Lux’s signature reports and client advice. This position is within our energy team and will be focused on low-carbon fuel technologies.
- RAs identify and conduct primary research on companies in their coverage area to produce in-depth profiles with strong analysis. They follow key developments and trends and use their expertise to produce relevant news commentaries, case studies, technology hubs, and insights.
- RAs also support Analysts and other colleagues in producing major research reports with deeper tech and market analysis and help identify and suggest key companies, topics, technologies, and themes Lux should be covering to stay on the cutting edge.
- RAs build an understanding of client business needs and help prepare for and participate in inquiry discussions with clients, delivering information and insight on sustainable innovation in areas of expertise.
- As appropriate, RAs may help build Lux’s reputation through social media and networking at key industry events and contribute to support consulting engagements as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, though Master’s degree or 2 years of relevant industry experience is preferred. Educational background in a STEM-related discipline, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry, or a related field to low-carbon fuels.
- Deep intellectual curiosity about sustainable innovation, emerging technologies, and technology integration, and the ability to surface, develop, and communicate clear ideas.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing environment.
- Demonstrated experience writing clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
- Strong analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
A high degree of organization and attention to detail.
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Lux Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Lux prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lux Research conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. law. Lux Research conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.