Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As part of the User Experience Design team, you will become an important part of Honeywell’s Experience Design team as you help define the next generation of products for Honeywell’s Sensing & Productivity Solutions (SPS) business. Deliver an end-to-end user experience across every user touch point for Honeywell’s Sensing & Productivity Solutions (SPS) business, using well established human-centered design principles to ensure that Honeywell products and applications are the most useful, usable and desirable products in the marketplace. You will collaborate with other designers, user researchers, and engineers to constructively partner across the business to advocate for designs that enable users needs.
We are looking for interns for the Summer 2024 term in the roles of:
- Support industrial design development and implementation for product categories.
- Develop and implement cohesive design strategies, incorporating research insights and business needs that span touchpoints across the life cycle of multiple products.
- Utilize Industrial Design principals to execute design projects within an agile development process.
- Be a champion for User Experience and demonstrate how your designs solve complex challenges in an industrial environment.
- Identify opportunities in the User Experience and propose solutions which add value to both the user and the customer.
- Develop an understanding of the Honeywell marketplace, competition, industry, methods, and relevant trends and apply those learnings to your designs.
- Carefully apply and contribute to the Honeywell brand design language.
- Work closely with mechanical engineering in executing high level product experiences to meet the needs of our customers and users.
- Create low to high-fidelity prototypes and familiarity with rapid prototyping techniques.
- Excellent 3D modeling skills in Solidworks/Rhino and a portfolio that showcases this area.
- UX/UI Design
- Assist senior UX Designers in creating wireframes, designs, and prototypes.
- Apply UX/UI skills to create experiences that meet business goals and user needs.
- Participate in user research, usability testing, and research analysis.
- Contribute to design brainstorming and work sessions.
- Incorporate feedback from team members and users to refine designs.
- Stay updated on UX trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Contribute to design system components and documentation.
- Prototype programs using wireframing or clickable prototypes.
- Utilize design tools such as Figma and B2B software to design and deliver seamless experiences.
- Additional working flows requiring a basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Work effectively with user experience professionals and stakeholders to understand both customer and user experience outcomes, ensuring their needs are represented in product requirements.
- Execute generative user research, design thinking workshops and opportunity framing exercises to support innovation projects and strategic customer engagements.
- Apply human-centered design methodologies and UX best practices to ensure solutions are useful, usable and desirable.
- Collaborate with design disciplines, including industrial, graphic and interaction design, to create strategies that deliver outstanding products that delight our end users.