Title: Development Summer Intern
About Altus Power
Altus Power, based in Stamford, Connecticut, is the premier independent commercial-scale provider of clean electric power, serving its commercial, public sector and community solar customers with end-to-end solutions. Altus Power originates, develops, owns and operates locally sited solar generation, energy storage and charging infrastructure across the nation. Altus Power has approximately 700 megawatts across 25 states and is growing.
Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Altus has established itself as a leader in building-sited clean energy across the United States. The Company completed its go-public transaction in December 2021 and is traded on the NYSE under the ticker AMPS. The Company has a strategic partnership with CBRE, which is the world’s largest commercial real estate services company with 7 billion square feet of commercial real estate under management and is serving more than 90 Fortune 100 corporations. Altus also has a long-standing strategic partnership with Blackstone, which is the largest owner of commercial real estate globally, with approximately 1.2 billion square feet of commercial real estate globally.
About the Position
Altus Power is currently seeking a highly motivated summer intern with the skills, experience, and aptitude to serve as our Development Intern.
- Actively engage with the project development team on daily tasks to advance solar, storage & EV projects toward construction and operation in key markets.
- Aid in the development of project timelines, budgets, client presentations, and internal deliverables.
- Analyze third-party site assessments including environmental and utility reports to identify potential project risks.
- Support the team in obtaining necessary permits and licenses while ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assist in evaluating and researching cost-effective, innovative solutions for projects.
- Engage in client meetings, site visits, and networking events to gain practical insights into the solar energy industry.
- Support the team in creating standardized templates and processes for future projects.
- Preferred Academic Discipline: rising junior or senior majoring in business, environmental sciences and/or engineering
- Strong interest in renewable energy, particularly solar power, and a passion for sustainability.
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Monday.com is a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.