January 3 – 26, 2023
Mondays-Thursdays from 6-9 pm over Zoom
This 4-week IAP course will train multilingual MIT community members in core principles, standards of practice, ethics, and medical terminology. Participants will be qualified to work or volunteer as interpreters in healthcare settings upon completion of the 40-hour course.
- Classes Monday-Thursday from 6-9 pm over Zoom from Tuesday, January 3 – Thursday, January 26, 2023. No class on January 16 (MLK Day).
- Attendance is mandatory and is required to earn a certificate of completion, which will qualify you to apply for national certification exams.
- You must be fluent in both English and at least one other language. Language coaches will assist with the most common target languages.
- Training will include interpreter skills, anatomy & physiology, and the glossaries needed to prepare for the national certification exam.
- Offered by CAPD’s Prehealth Advising Office and MIT ActLingual with support from the Chancellor’s Innovation Fund, MIT Medical, MIT Coop, and the MIT Community Service Fund. Class facilitated by UMass Chan Medical School.
- Enrollment limit: 30 participants. Application deadline: November 30, 2022.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.