January 8 – 31, 2024
Mondays-Thursdays from 6-9 pm over Zoom
Our application for the 2024 IAP Medical Interpreting Course is closed.
This 4-week IAP course will train multilingual MIT students and alumni in core principles, standards of practice, ethics, and medical terminology. Participants will be qualified to work or volunteer as interpreters in healthcare settings upon completion of the 40-hour course.
- Classes Monday-Thursday from 6-9 pm over Zoom from Monday, January 8 – Wednesday, January 31, 2024. No class on January 15 (MLK Day).
- Attendance is mandatory and is required to earn a certificate of completion, which will qualify you to apply for national certification exams.
- You must be fluent in both English and at least one other language. Language coaches will assist with the most common target languages.
- Training will include interpreter skills, anatomy & physiology, and the glossaries needed to prepare for the national certification exam.
- Offered by CAPD’s Prehealth Advising Office and MIT ActLingual. Class facilitated by UMass Chan Medical School. The Office of the Vice Chancellor has subsidized the $950 cost per participant to make the class free for MIT students.
- Enrollment limit: 30 participants. Application deadline: December 4, 2023.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.