Employer Resume Reviews
Resume Reviews are scheduled 15-to-30-minute, one-on-one appointments between employers and students to review the student’s resume and provide industry-specific advice to strengthen the student’s candidacy. Students may also want to practice their elevator pitch or ask for tips about approaching an employer at a career fair. Resume Reviews help employers engage students in a more direct and informal manner while also allowing students to refine their career goals and possibly discover new ones.
Add your resume review event in Handshake once you confirm scheduling details on your end.
- If on-campus – request and confirm space on-campus. CAPD has interview rooms available to rent for $200 per room/day. With the CAPD room reservation, the Employer-Relations team can be enlisted to create and manage student sign-ups as well as market your opportunity to students. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule on-campus resume reviews. Also please review MIT’s campus visitor policy regarding COVID-19 and connect with the Employer Relations team before arriving to campus.
- If virtual – please include an external link for student sign-ups in your Handshake event listing and at least a day prior to the resume review event please email students with a link to the virtual connection. Also, please note that the employer is responsible for marketing this opportunity to students, and we recommend reaching out to students at least one-week in advance of the event date.
- Sign-up for resume critiques conducted by employers through Handshake. Search “Resume Reviews” in the EVENTS page to see the schedule.
- Dress casually, as it is not an interview, but be sure to be clean and neatly dressed to make a good impression.
- Come with questions to ask about your resume or about the company so that you can learn the most from the opportunity.
For more information or if any questions, please email the employer relations team in CAPD at email@example.com.