Employer Resume Reviews
Resume Reviews are scheduled 15-minute, one-on-one appointments between employers and students to review the student’s resume and provide industry-specific advice to strengthen the student’s candidacy. Students may also want to practice their elevator pitch or ask for tips about approaching an employer at a career fair. Resume Reviews help employers engage students in a more direct and informal manner while also allowing students to refine their career goals and possibly discover new ones.
- Resume Reviews in the Fall 2021 semester can only be hosted virtually
- Add your event into Handshake once you confirm scheduling details on your end
- If virtual – please include an external link for student sign-ups in your Handshake event listing
- At least a day prior to the resume review event please email students with a link to the virtual connection
- Please note that the employer is responsible for marketing this opportunity to students, and we recommend reaching out to students at least one-week in advance of the event date
- Sign-up for resume critiques conducted by employers through Handshake. Search “Resume Reviews” in the EVENTS page to see the schedule.
- Dress casually, as it is not an interview, but be sure to be clean and neatly dressed to make a good impression.
- Come with questions to ask about your resume or about the company so that you can learn the most from the opportunity.
For more information or if any questions, please email the employer relations team in CAPD at email@example.com.