CAPD is the hub for all things career.
We are MIT Career Advising and Professional Development (CAPD). Our office is the Institute’s hub to explore and prepare for jobs, internships, fellowships, and medical or graduate school.
We help MIT students, postdocs, and alumni think strategically about their career goals and trajectory, working with them in four key areas:
- Career Advising – We empower students to think big picture about their career interests and goals, then support them through every part of the journey, from research, resumes, and career fairs, to interviews, job offers and salaries. We help every MIT student, regardless of their discipline or professional interest, build the skills and confidence they need to succeed.
- Distinguished Fellowships Advising – Our experienced, dedicated Fellowship team helps MIT students identify and explore competitive scholarships and fellowships, then works one-on-one with them to navigate eligibility, applications, interviews, and associated timelines.
- Prehealth Advising – There’s nothing simple about exploring and pursuing a career in health. Our specialized team helps students determine if a health career is the right path for them, and is by their side in evaluating different schools, completing applications, and getting ready for interviews.
- Professional Development – Students need a skillset that empowers them to apply their MIT experience to a wide range of different career opportunities. Our team offers workshops and individual support in the areas of career advancement, communication, interpersonal skills, leadership and mentoring, personal development, social responsibility, and teaching.
Our expertise and reach spans industries and disciplines, and stretches across the entire MIT ecosystem, allowing us to connect students with a sprawling network of alumni, faculty, and thought leaders.
Our advisors understand the career planning process and the uncertainty it can bring. Whether they’re in-person or online, providing one-time support or long-term advising, they’re committed to sharing their expertise, advice, and encouragement.
At CAPD, we support students and alumni on a journey of self-discovery, enabling them to build a challenging career and a rewarding life – and empowering them to make a difference in the world.
Are you a parent, supporter, or friend of an MIT student?
- Watch short videos to learn how CAPD can help your student explore careers and prepare for internships, jobs, and graduate school. Plus, you'll get to meet CAPD staff!
Are you a student?
- The CAPD student virtual orientation introduces you to CAPD resources and support that will help you develop and progress towards your career goals.