Find the Right Internship
Search Strategies, Programs, and Internship Listings
Employer Internship Listings on Handshake
- Handshake is the MIT career management system where companies post jobs and internships targeting MIT students.
- You can create job search agent within Handshake to get notifications sent to your email address when new internships meeting your criteria are posted.
MIT Internship Programs
- UPOP: The Undergraduate Practice Opportunities Program is a for-credit, year-long program targeted to sophomores interested in professional development training, alumni mentorship, and access to internship opportunities across industry, government, and non-profit enterprises worldwide.
- MISTI: This international internship program matches you with projects in companies and labs around the world. There are language, culture, and history course requirements.
- The MIT Washington, DC Summer Internship Program lets undergraduates of any major participate in internships at the highest levels of government and experience the interplay between science, technology, and US public policy.
- MIT PKG Center for Public Service: PKG programs are designed to harness your unique skills and build capacity for community partners tackling issues like climate change, health equity, and using tech for social good.
- Academic Departments: Your department may have its own established internship programs. These include programs with AeroAstro, CEE, DUSP, Industrial Internship Program (Course 3), VIA-A Internship Program, and more. Refer to your program’s website or with academic administrators for participation requirements and timelines.
Micro-internships are short-term projects or internships offered by MIT alumni and other employers interested in MIT talent.
Explore Beyond Internships
You can supplement your internships with other opportunities that will help you gain experience in a new career area and develop key skills