Best Practices for Recruiting MIT Students Postdocs, & Graduates
1. Provide the pay or salary range on the internship and full-time job descriptions and indicate if the salary is negotiable.
2. Review all offers at MIT to ensure that compensation offered by your company is the same pay for the same work.
3. Do not require that candidates list or share their previous salary on any applications for employment.
4. Retaliate or discriminate against candidates/employees who inquire about or discuss wages, salaries, or benefits.
5. Share your pay equity beliefs, standards, and practices with all candidates.
Harvard Business Review Article “How to Identify- and Fix- Pay Inequality at Your Company”
White House Equal Pay Pledge
Global Gender Gap Report 2021
Why Gender Equity is Good For Employers