New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 200 person data team for hundreds of the largest institutional investors and corporations in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help clients answer their key questions.
We have amazing reviews (and a 5-star rating!) on Glassdoor and are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces – a fast-growing technology company based in NYC, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
YipitData, is looking to add a highly-motivated FP&A Analyst to join our growing Finance team.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a high-growth FinTech company with an entrepreneurial yet supportive and cooperative start-up culture, where you will be utilizing your financial and analytical skills to drive strategic decisions and growth in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
In this role, you will gain exposure to all areas of a growing company including sales & marketing, product, engineering and operations, and will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with the most senior management in the company including the CFO and other executives.
As our FP&A Analyst, you will:
- Analyze and interpret relevant financial data and business metrics by working closely together with department heads to impact strategic business decisions
- Build and maintain YipitData’s annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Create monthly reporting packages for both the Board of Directors and internal stakeholders which include analysis of historical operating results, forecasts, a comprehensive KPI dashboard and analysis of key business trends
- Support the preparation of the Company’s long-term strategic planning models
- Provide financial analysis and support for a variety of strategic projects that may include M&A, capital raising, new business initiatives and other ad-hoc projects
You are likely to succeed, if:
- You have a strong academic record with an undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or other business-related fields
- Prior internship in investment banking, consulting, corporate finance or start-up environments a plus
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts, both orally and written
- You have strong interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have an ability to manage multiple priorities and function effectively in a fast-paced high growth environment
- You strive to make tasks as efficient as possible
- You are committed to learn and continuously improve and have a passion for fast-growing, entrepreneurial organizations
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary.
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- To learn more about our culture and values, check out our Glassdoor page!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.