OCC Scheduling Coordinator (ST)
Scheduling, Dispatch, Flight Operations Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Scheduling Coordinator’s main role is to allocate crew to serviceable aircraft. It is the Scheduler’s responsibility to ensure that each trip is planned according to FAA crew duty/rest and flight time regulations. This role involves multi-dimensional problem solving – scheduling and optimizing the movement of all company crew while balancing crew duty/fatigue with efficiency.
- Plan and execute crew pairings and swaps for all crew members, considering service delivery to our clients, cost analysis related to each movement, and impact on individual quality of life for the crew member
- Monitoring pilots and cabin hostesses staffing numbers, escalating and proposing solutions for staffing issues when they arise.
- In coordination with FACT and/or Shift Supervisor, plan and execute strategic positioning of crew to maximize utilization
- Coordinate with CPO, Training, and Flight Standards to prioritize pilot progression (IOE, COE) and maintain crew qualification (Route Checks, Company Checks, etc.)
- In coordination with FACT and Training, ensure that crew pairings meet:
- Vaccination and or other medical requirements based on destination of the trips.
- Age restrictions
- Crew qualification requirements (e.g., Wyvern, Atlantic/Pacific qualification, customer preferences)
Crew Legality and Administration
- Execute all planning in accordance with applicable rest and flight time regulations
- Brief rest assignments for all crew on rotation
- Brief trip assignments for crews on rotation
- Monitor developing situations and communicate constraints to crews, client services, Ops, and all other appropriate OCC workgroups
- Proactively anticipate duty issues caused by day-of weather and traffic management initiatives
- Preparing morning Scheduling brief
- Raising awareness of issues that may impact scheduled trips.
Given the level of the individual contributor position within the company, expectation is the individual contributor demonstrates a proficient level of the following proficiencies/competencies.
- Plan and organize work: Require the ability to create and use logical, systematic processes to achieve goals. Having the ability to visualize the steps needed to reach a goal and naturally organize the process, modifying, as necessary.
- Interpersonal communication: Effectively communicate, develop, and foster strong working relationships to drive team growth, engagement, and productivity.
- Collaboration: Working together to a common purpose to achieve team and business benefit. Enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose.
- Deliver consistent results: Follow through on tasks and goals to support team/operations success and improvements.
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Understands work responsibilities and adds to knowledge and skills.