Position at Red Wing Aviation
The Flight Operations Analyst supports Red Wing Aviation operations by serving as a liaison between departments within the OCC, XO Client Services, XO Revenue Management, XO Sales and to management an expert adviser on operational issues in general. Specifically, this position also serves as Subject Matter Experts (SME) on managing and solving fleet movement domestic or international decisions.
- Understand economic impact of scheduling decisions through discussions with the Revenue Management team while evaluating and providing safety-neutral choices to present to XO and Wholesale clients
- Schedule and control the movement of all company aircraft to achieve maximum safety, efficiency, and availability to meet schedule demands and company objectives in accordance with FAA Part 135 crew duty, rest and flight regulations.
- Determine feasibility of executing scheduled trips and accommodating new trip requests based on overall network availability, maintenance and crew availability and/or operational limitations on specific aircraft assignments
- Interface and coordinate with Maintenance Control, Fuel Team, International Trip Planning, Pilots and Client Service teams to operate company aircraft safely and efficiently while meeting company objectives and prioritizing client service.
- Schedule and re-route company aircraft relating to weather, maintenance availability and/or failures and in anticipation or response to elevated crew risk scores
- Anticipate scheduling issues as a result of day-of weather phenomenon and other operational issues. Monitor developing situations and communicate constraints to crews, client services, Ops, and all other appropriate OCC workgroups. Mitigate further schedule impact with strategic planning and creative problem solving.
- Frame actionable choices to leadership teams during IRROP situations with recovery options, including overall economic impact, in a clear and well-presented fashion for quick response
- Implement and execute all scheduling-related decisions quickly and with precision, outstanding issues shall be passed to the next shift with detailed information in a formal pass down and clear direction on action items
- Execute transitions for all crew members starting and ending rotation while considering service delivery to our clients, cost analysis related to each movement and impact on individual quality of life for the crew member
- Manage all crew movement in near term creating maximum capacity in the network, pairings and training prioritized with guidance from CPO (IOE, COE, company checks, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Dispatcher certificate preferred
- High school diploma or GED. College degree a plus.
- Aviation industry knowledge preferred. Part 135 experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of FAR’s for crew duty day requirements
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office skills (including Word and Excel) and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to analyze complex situations, problem solve and precise time management
- Highly detail oriented with excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical and organizational skills
- Dynamic and energetic spirit coupled with a strong desire to create and win
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment