Translation Consultant in Training
Hebrews 4:12a reminds us that: “ … the word of God is alive and powerful” (NLT). But what if there’s no Bible in a language you understand? How would you experience that power?
As a supported* translation consultant in training with Wycliffe Bible Translators, you will use your God-given academic and ministry skills to make a strategic and eternal impact in the global Bible translation movement. You’ll get the chance to work alongside local communities and churches and join them as they seek to translate and communicate the power of the Word of God.
In this focused, three-year training and mentoring program, you’ll learn skills to effectively come alongside local translation teams and language communities, encouraging their development and growth which will lead to quality translation.
Job Location: Training could be in Africa, Asia, Europe or the Americas and also includes some additional short trips to a variety of overseas locations. After completing the program, you will settle in a specific language group region as a translation consultant.
- Start training as a consultant immediately.
- Find the best match for your unique situation as we prioritize you and your family’s physical, spiritual and emotional wellbeing.
- Put your years of education and training into practice, and make an eternal impact.
- Enjoy close personal and practical mentorship.
- Have the freedom to pursue higher education including Ph.D. programs.
- Be blessed by and be a blessing to a community of believers.
This program might be for you if…
- You’ve earned an M.Div. and/or an M.A. in biblical studies, linguistics, theology or a related field.
- You’re a team player and encourager with a passion to serve others.
- You have previous cross-cultural experience.
- You know a modern language in addition to English or are willing to learn.
- You’re able to read (with reference helps) a biblical language.
- You’re able to work with others from various denominations.
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
For more information visit https://www.wycliffe.org/serve/convergence .
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA or an affiliate Wycliffe Alliance Organization are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.
R4521 Linda Speyers