LI Title: Language Technology Publicity Writer
Mark Twain once wrote, “The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter – it’s the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.”
Words matter. We are looking for a Language Technology Publicity Writer who can not only tell the story about Bible translation and technology to a 21st century audience, but also help Bible translators on the field hear about new technologies to further their work!
Today, over 1600 language people groups, 114 million people still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language.
Job Location: Anywhere
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What might you do?
Every day is different! One day you might skype with a translator in Africa to learn how technology is helping the way he works. Later you will craft social media posts, emails, blogs, and webinars to share their stories to the world. Occasionally, you might even travel to field locations to gain firsthand knowledge and interviews.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You are a great copy-editor. You can see a missing comma a mile away.
- You are organized and an excellent communicator.
- Social media is right up your alley.
- You have either persevered through school and earned a Bachelor’s or you have experience in writing promotional material.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.
Pos ID: 53208 REF ID: 27584 Scott