WuXi HDB in San Diego is looking for a Scientist I to join our team!
The candidate for this position will be responsible for the establishment of various assays as assigned, and performance of experiments to support in vitro screening and/or evaluation of drug targets, candidate drugs and vaccines.
- Development, validation, and implementation of appropriate quantitative virological, molecular, biochemical, and cellular assays for evaluation of therapeutic and/or vaccine candidate.
- Generation and maintenance of virus and cell culture stocks.
- Designing and conducting experiments independently or with minimum supervision.
- Participation in general laboratory operations including
- Compliance with biosafety regulations/guidelines
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Keeping track of reagent inventory/ordering reagents when necessary
- General upkeep of the lab; maintenance of a clean and safe laboratory work environment per regulations and guidelines.
- Development of SOPs.
- Writing of proposals, and preparation of quotes for commercial contracts.
- Maintenance of accurate records of laboratory data
- Data analysis and interpretation; clear and concise presentation of data in internal and external meetings.
- Preparation of reports for internal team and external clients.
- Keeping current with relevant technical literature and regulatory requirements.
- Providing assistance in identification of new technology, assays, equipment, and other laboratory needs for the advancement of assigned projects.
- Coordination/collaboration with internal team and external clients.
- Timely completion of assigned projects.
- Providing assistance to the team leader in identification and implementation of new research avenues.
- Master’s degree with >2-year experience, or Ph.D. degree with 0-2 year experience in Molecular Virology, Microbiology or a related field. Candidates with industry experience will be given preference.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of biological assay development, validation, quality assurance, and implementation in discovery research.
- BSL-2 laboratory experience, and knowledge of laboratory biosafety regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Experience in development of SOPs, contract writing, client interaction, report writing
- Experience in Microsoft office suite, and statistics/graphing software for data analysis and presentation.
- Experience in development, optimization/validation, and implementation of drug screening assays in medium- to high-throughput format.
- Experience with virus infectivity and quantitation assays, including plaque assays/PRNTs, CPE assays, RT-qPCR, fluorescence-based focus forming assay, flow cytometry-based assays, reporter gene assays etc.
- Experience with diverse viruses including DNA and RNA viruses.
- Experience with RNA virus reverse genetics/infectious clone production and manipulation
- Experience in detection of adventitious viruses in biological samples.
- Experience in animal models of infectious diseases
- Experience in a CRO environment.
- Experience working in BSL-2+ environment
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability