Locations: Detroit, MI and Chicago, IL
Create your future. Our Health and Benefits business helps large and mid-size clients control soaring health and welfare plan costs, improve health outcomes and promote employee engagement through broad-based, state-of-the-art interventions. We provide solutions encompassing creative plan design, vendor evaluation and management, pricing and funding strategies, data analytics, valuation support, and legal compliance and governance strategies. We also provide specialty consulting services including clinical/health management program design, pharmacy solutions, disability/absence management strategies and claims audit services. Product-based solutions such as our pharmacy purchasing coalition round out our broad-based suite of offerings.
Explore an opportunity. As a Health and Benefits Intern, you will work beside some of the industry’s top consultants while you progress toward becoming a thought leader of the future.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise. In addition, you will have twice-weekly learning and networking sessions with colleagues and leaders in Health and Benefits and other WTW businesses.
For Actuarial track: Accepted applicants will be eligible for a comprehensive exam study program, including paid study hours and exam coaching to assist in attaining the accredited designation of Actuary.
Love your work. You will partner with consultants to provide assistance on projects through:
- Supporting clients with benefit plan analysis, design, cost savings, and benchmarking
- Analyzing and comparing vendor products, services, and contracts
- Evaluating responses to surveys and RFPs
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, public health, health management, actuarial science or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- For Actuarial students: Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly preferred
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills (analyst type of internship preferred)
- Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Accepting applications from candidates that graduate with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree between Dec 2024 – June 2026
- This is a hybrid internship, you will be required to come into the office a few days a week. The location of the internship(s) is indicated in the job description.
The Application-Interview Process:
Step 1: Online application, including resume/CV
Step 2: Online assessments and Video Interview
Step 3: Virtual Interview with business
Step 4: Offer and on-boarding
WTW Work Flex: At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a “hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Visit our career site for more information: https://careers.wtwco.com/wtw-work-flex/
WTW specializes in preparing for the unknown. Here’s how to get ready for the big day: https://careers.wtwco.com/hints-and-tips/
EOE, including disability/vets