WSP USA, an award‑winning and innovative multi‑disciplinary engineering consulting firm, seeks a Commissioning Agent Intern for our Boston office. WSP USA works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of building commissioning processes (new/re/retro/continuous), energy auditing and building retrofit applications, support for sustainability certification applications, and measurement and verification techniques.
WSP USA offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm. Initially, you will work under the supervision, training, and guidance of the senior commissioning lead for the Boston office. Preliminary participation in business development activities will also be encouraged.
- Execution of standard building commissioning processes for new and existing construction as found in ASHRAE Guidelines.
- Assist in performing ASHRAE Level 1, 2, and 3 Energy Audits, including investigative field work and calculations.
- Support for obtaining building sustainability certifications such as LEED, Energy Star, etc.
- Scopes of work to include a variety of building components including mechanical, plumbing, electrical distribution, lighting and specialty systems including fire alarm, security, and other enhanced building technology/control systems including nurse call, renewable energy systems, etc.
- Proficient communication and organization skills are necessary to conduct meetings, coordinate schedules, and prepare reports.
- Pursuing BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Construction-related field.
- Knowledge of systems commissioning experience for facilities construction projects
- Technical knowledge of HVAC and building systems in order to evaluate and test the performance of these systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Total facilities commissioning experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced construction environment
- Considering local candidates only.
- Please note that there is no relocation or housing assistance associated with this internship
- Experience with Microstation, AutoCAD and knowledge of reading drawings
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP”s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP”s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policy
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee”s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.