Building Technology Systems, Senior Consultant (ID# 49945)
Category: Building Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 5-7
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Be involved in projects with our Building Technology Systems Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full time Building Technology Systems – Senior Consultant for our Nashville office.
About the Job:
Our staff work on high-quality, high-profile, local, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the complete project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities. Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm. Our Engineers are subject matter experts who can effectively communicate and coordinate technical topics with owners, architects, other engineers, contractors and vendors.
- Provide designs for Telecommunications systems (Structured cabling systems, Telecom spaces and pathway infrastructure) and Electronic Safety & Security systems (IP video surveillance, access control, intercom)
- Coordinate with clients to gather and document system and design requirements.
- Create design narratives and coordinated, construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications).
- Budget fee responsibility on assigned projects.
- Manage project resources to complete deliverables including technical staff and drawing production staff.
- Coordinate, host and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town) with the design team and clients.
- Participate in construction meetings, review and respond to Technology system submittals and RFIs
- Perform site surveys to document construction progress.
- Coordinate integration of security and telecommunications systems with other intelligent building systems. (BMS, Lighting control, AV etc.)
- Understanding of local and national codes and industry standards (NEC, IBC, NFPA, BICSI, EIA/TIA) related to the design and operation of Security and Telecommunications systems.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Possess a four-year degree (B.S. in engineering is preferred) or equivalent combination of technical degree and related work experience designing technology systems for buildings.
- Five to seven years’ experience actively designing high-end Security and Telecommunications systems for US Federal Projects and the AEC consulting and engineering industry in general.
- U.S. Security clearance or the ability to obtain a U.S. Security clearance is required.
- RCDD Industry certification is required.
- Other industry certifications (ASIS CPP, AVIXA (InfoComm) CTS/-D, Cisco CCNA, etc.) is a plus although not required.
- Design experience related to Audiovisual, DAS and/or Data Network/Wi-Fi/Telephony is a plus but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Revit experience desired.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Comfortable working directly with clients including federal and public clients, architects and building owners.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.