Assistant Consultant, Enclosures (ID# 49931)
Category: Building Enclosures
Job Type: New Graduate
Minimum Experience: 0-1
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Be involved in projects with our Building Enclosures Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a full-time Assistant Consultant, Enclosures for our Arlington, VA office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Work will include building enclosure commissioning, new building, restoration, and repair design of roofing and vertical building enclosures, building enclosure design consulting, including design detailing, specification review, and construction phase consulting services, forensic investigation, condition assessment, and building science analysis. Candidate will be expected to work within teams of multiple staff on multiple projects at the same time, offer technical guidance, coordinate with the appropriate technical leads for the project, and be the primary point of contact for the client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide building enclosure commissioning and consulting services
- Assist project teams with completing building enclosure design reviews
- Review fenestration, vertical facade, roofing systems, and waterproofing
- Provide support in completing condition assessments, on-site forensic investigations, and functional performance testing of enclosure systems
- Perform on-site construction observations
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related discipline
- 0-1 years of experience in Building Enclosures / Construction
- Interest and/or experience in quality control and management
- Interest in design and construction of exterior building components including fenestration, facade, roofing, and waterproofing materials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Master’s Degree in one of the above-listed disciplines
- Experience with building enclosure commissioning and consulting services
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.