About the Team
The Technical Consultant role offers exciting opportunities to be a customer-focused professional, develop integrations into and out of the Workday system for our customers, facilitating the communication of employee, benefit, payroll, financial, student, and company data to a diverse set of systems using Web Service API’s and other technologies.
We’re not all about coding, but at least some recent coding experience is relevant. If you have more, all the better. We accept experience in virtually any programming language, with the idea being that if you can code well in one language, you can learn to do the same in another. What would you do every day?
- Working closely with our customers and their vendors to understand their needs, work with them to develop solutions, and support them during their implementation.
- Design, implement, and deploy integration solutions to the Workday cloud across Workday’s HR, Benefits, Payroll, Financial, and Student Information Systems products.
- Apply Workday’s various integration technologies and techniques to a wide variety of Workday Implementation Projects
DATA CONVERSION CONSULTING
The Data Conversion Consultant position requires a self-motivated, customer-focused professional with strong follow-through who consistently keeps commitments to customers and fellow employees. You will be the primary customer point of contact for data conversion between the project team and customers. What would you be doing every day?
- Working directly with customers, functional consultants and integration consultants to establish data conversion approach, complete migration of configuration and to complete the load of customer data into Workday.
- Understand technical data conversion issues, resolve issues and communicate solutions.
- Work with a customer’s data through the ETL (Extract, Load, Transform) process.
- Become a functional guide in one or more Workday functional areas (e.g., HRMS, Payroll, Financials).
- Assist customers with their data extract, explaining the conversion process, defining data requirements, and working with them to correct data in their legacy systems and prepare for the data conversion cycle.
About the Role
Workday’s new graduate consultant roles work on project teams to help Workday customers implement our growing catalog of global, cloud-based applications. Learn how to apply Workday’s implementation methodology and technology to customers of all sizes and in any sector, including manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, education, biomed, technology, and others.
SPARK Training Program (Services Professionals to Apply and Reinforce their Knowledge)
As a new grad associate consultant, you will participate in Workday’s SPARK Program. Our mission is to provide an innovative, progressive, and comprehensive Consulting training program for early-career talent, aligning with Workday’s Core Values. This 4 month program will provide the vital certifications and development of skills to help you thrive in a Workday consultant role.
Where you could work: Pleasanton, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Berwyn, PA; Boston, MA
- Currently pursuing or recently completed (within 12 months) a Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Have majored in a relative degree program
- Internship, coursework, or relevant project experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills.
- Proficiency and ability for learning new technologies and technical skills quickly
- Passion for customer service
- Team oriented with ability to collaborate and communicate optimally with all partners; i.e. developers, technical operations, and customers.
- Able work in a fast-paced, fast-growth, high-energy environment and take care of multiple high priority activities concurrently.
- Coursework in analytical or critical thinking subjects (Management Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.) a plus
- SOAP and/or REST based Web Services
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Workday may be the place for you if:
- You can collaborate with diverse groups of people to capture and analyze customer business requirements.
- You get excited to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- You have great verbal and written communication skills
- You thrive at problem-solving and making decisions, both as a teammate and independently