What we’re looking for:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineering Manager at Winchester RFM in Haverhill, MA. Winchester Haverhill is an extremely unique design and manufacturing facility that works with cutting-edge technology for the most demanding high-cost of failure applications. We’re obsessed with creating precision-engineered connections for the toughest industries and environments. We support the World’s leading Tech companies in a variety of markets using our “GSD” attitude while still having FUN.
This role will focus on front-end business activities such as applications engineering functions. This person needs to be skilled at working with customers to identify and capture technical product specs and translate those into new products. They will be a primary technical resource for Sales and will be expected to interface with both our customers and internal salespeople.
The Winchester values are Accountability, Collaboration, and Empowerment (ACE). These values guide how we lead and how we work at Winchester and allow us to do all that we do for our employees and customers!
What is the Design Engineering Manager Accountable for?
- Supervise and lead the design engineering team by providing technical support through customer interface, CAD design, review & compliance, process implementation, planning, and production support
- Hire, train and mentor, and manage the performance of the design engineering team and support other personnel for the engineering department.
- Support the Long term organic growth strategy by being focused on Revenue & EBITDA, contract review, fast and accurate design release, Reduction / Elimination of EC’s, RMA’s & CAR’s, Improved inspections, Yield, & reduced Inventory adjustments
- Culture – Champion the Winchester culture while creating a strong organization
How does the Design Engineering Manager Collaborate?
Our DEM should collaborate across Haverhill in a way that leads by example, holds people accountable and utilizes data to make informed decisions. They should actively participate on behalf of the Engineering team both internally and externally on NPI projects, engineering requirements, contract review, RMA’s, CAR’s, production support, and general customer service. The DEM should have a positive, engaged, and infectious attitude that’s easy to work with and aligns with our culture.
What is the Design Engineering Manager Empowered to do?
- Support the Engineering strategy with measurable KPI’s that aligns with RFM short and long term growth goals, focused on the department and compliments the others
- Strengthen/build the department supporting the long term growth strategy and Engineering sustainability
- Collaborate frequently with other departments to ensure engineering support, accurate and timely quotes, contract review, OTD, System usage, and customer communication is supported
- Support new business opportunities from creation through production execution to ensure success and customer satisfaction
- Facilitate quick and accurate design review and release/EC’s, process improvements, and system updates/integration that lead to improved efficiencies and yields.
- Continually seek ways to best delegate authority, assign responsibilities, cross-train, and improve communication and processes/systems with the internal team and other departments
- Identify areas to invest in to support future growth utilizing lean manufacturing
Criteria for Success:
- Support Winchesters Long Term Organic Growth goals by establishing robust Engineering practices, processes, and designs that impact Revenue & EBITDA, OTD, and established KPI’s
- Oversee and support the Engineering team to ensure 100% design on-time completion with quality effectiveness for our customers and their high cost of failure applications
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated technical and CAD design abilities who can manage and build a team lead improvement initiatives, and interface with customer’s technical resources.
- Ability to manage a diverse team and achieve results against KPIs
- Experience in electrical engineering, RFM, and manufacturing
- Prior cable manufacturing experience strongly considered
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering degree.
Communication Systems We Use:
- Google Suite of products
- Visual ERP
- SolidWorks / CamWorks
Why choose Winchester Interconnect?
Winchester Interconnect is a leading global provider of interconnect solutions that help fuel the ever-changing electronics industry. Throughout our 75 year history, Winchester’s business strategy, technical capabilities, passion for quality, and service have supported our customers’ innovation.
As Winchester continues to expand, it is placing increased emphasis on its people, products, operations, supply chain, and key relationships while encouraging a transparent environment that fosters innovation.
Accountability, Collaboration, and Empowerment are the fundamentals of the Winchester Interconnect Leadership Strategy. These values are part of our every day at Winchester Interconnect, and this is how we are able to do all that we do for our employees and customers.
We believe in empowering our workforce to think outside the box and make decisions that move our business forward. We hold ourselves and others accountable for following through on what we say we are going to do. We collaborate between departments, teams, business units, and customers to share best practices and become the best interconnect company in the world.
At Winchester, we dream big, get stuff done, and like to have fun!
Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. Visit https://www.winconn.com/careers/ for additional information about the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In addition to federal law requirements, Winchester Interconnect complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Winchester Interconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
***Candidates Only-No Third-Parties***
Keywords: CAD design, Smartviews, solidworks, camworks