The Investment business aims to create sustainable competitive advantage for clients in their investment portfolios. This is delivered to clients by providing expert advice on their investments and decision-making processes, making investment decisions on their behalf through delegated investment services and providing investment tools.
Our clients are a diverse range of institutional investors, including large pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations and family offices. As a trusted partner to over 1,200 clients, we advise on over $2.6 trillion of global assets and have discretion over more than $180 billion of assets globally.
Clients require portfolios that are tailored to their goals, are cost effective and deliver strong returns with controlled risk. As an innovative firm with multi-asset capability and a fiduciary mind-set, the team can change the way clients govern themselves and invest as well as influence the way the investment industry operates – our ethos is ‘Investing today for a more sustainable tomorrow.’
Our 8-week Intern Program is designed for students with a junior year standing.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both intellectually challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career ambitions.
You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to understand what you could expect if you joined our graduate programme the following year.
You will be part of a collaborative team, working alongside some of the industry’s top consultants. You will work on a wide variety of projects working for sophisticated clients, including many household names.
The investment business offers a range of career paths to suit individual skills and interests. Whether your career path focuses on deep research of global asset classes, managing risk through sophisticated modelling, improving investment outcomes through expert advice, or implementing innovative investment solutions.
You will work in one or more of the following teams:
- Client Team – as part of the Client Team you will manage client relationships to offer best-in-class advice or solutions to address a range of investment matters ranging from investment strategy, liability hedging and manager structure through to performance and manager monitoring. You will also provide solutions to institutional clients that enhance their governance and allow them to construct best-in-class investment portfolios. You will work with specialist teams to construct and implement efficient investment portfolios that will achieve a client’s given risk and return objectives. Clients that you will be working with will include defined benefits pension schemes, defined contribution pension schemes, sovereign wealth fund, endowments, foundations and family offices.
- Manager Research – you will work as part of a research team, using robust research techniques to form a view of Investment managers across the world and across asset classes. This research contributes to building investment portfolios that seek to deliver differentiated investment outcomes, both from a return and risk perspective.
We support graduates to develop a broad range of technical and soft skills. This breadth of knowledge across the investment spectrum will allow you to identify which topics you find most interesting and explore them further. There are also opportunities to contribute to extra-curricular projects.
As part of a forward-thinking organization, you will work in an inclusive environment that recognizes the importance of diversity of thought in achieving success. While working hard and having fun, our ultimate mission is to create better outcomes for beneficiaries and ensure fairness for asset owners.
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0 (no major/minor specification)
- Proactive team player
- Strong project management skills, with good attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- A desire and curiosity to learn
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and presentation computer software, for example, Microsoft Office or similar
Our internship position will be remote for the summer of 2022, therefore the location can be flexible within the US. However, we are looking for interns that would be who would be willing to relocate to Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, or Atlanta if offered a permanent position in 2023.