We hope you’re interested in building a home with us. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Team
You will be part of the Customer Relationship Marketing team responsible for managing and optimizing the advertising investment across our paid marketing channels including digital, email, and print. Our job is also to ensure we are innovating and executing marketing campaigns across programs and channels that drive new customer acquisition as well as increased mindshare and wallet share with our existing customer base. You will ensure our marketing investments are delivering against core KPI’s and that your marketing campaigns are aligned with the brand’s key initiatives and growth strategies.
Overview of the Role
As Analyst, you will support the team in driving brand sales and optimizing the marketing investment across our print and email channels. You will execute marketing campaigns in support of key brand initiatives that will drive profitable growth as well as identify programs to acquire customers. Key responsibilities include executing testing and targeting strategies and scaling successful campaigns. You will partner with email or print subject matter experts to plan, implement and measure campaign performance. You will report out on performance KPIs. You will also assist the Sr. Analyst and Manager(s) with monthly and annual financial budgeting including invoice management and cost tracking.
- Set up marketing campaigns, and analyze results on relevant paid marketing programs across all device types and channels
- Responsible for weekly reporting, including customer engagement metrics, trends, test results, and campaign performance.
- Prepare seasonal and quarterly performance recaps and present to Head of CRM
- Develop a deep understanding of the brand’s identity including product, editorial, and marketing initiatives in order to develop marketing strategies that meet both financial and brand-building goals
- Support measurement and analysis on the effectiveness and efficiency of existing digital programs
- Own email reporting and analysis and made recommendations for email circulation and segmentation strategies to leverage in core campaigns
- Execute catalog circulation and test plans and other print marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with key brand stakeholders to help with the creative development process for all digital and print assets, for both new programs and refreshes of existing ones
- Assist with the multi-channel journey and life-stage marketing programs as well as store opening/closing marketing plans where applicable
- Be curious about and attuned to the competitive landscape to ensure best-in-class programs and execution
- Partner with Customer Analytics to measure incrementality of all marketing programs, continually improving the efficiency of our investment
- Leverage available analytic tools to gather data and make a marketing strategy and investment decisions including but not limited to: Tableau, DOMO, MMM, MTA
- Use data to identify, target, and deliver relevant messaging to key strategic customer segments
- Execute against rolling 12-month test plan to continually fuel a pipeline of new tactics; make recommendations for new tests based on learnings
- Interact with peers on other WSI brands to share best practices and test results.
- React to business trends in the fast-paced retail environment and make necessary adjustments
- Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
- Transport materials and equipment and lift, move and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in online marketing, print marketing, retail marketing, or digital media planning
- Proven track record in managing and optimizing a budget to ROI goals
- Analytical, proactive, problem-solver with an insatiable curiosity
- Strategic and analytical thinker; ability to evaluate alternatives and develop effective solutions
- Able to see trends and to extract actionable insights from data to drive results
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills; must have excellent communication & presentation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships within the team & with cross-functional partners & vendors
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment; able to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced business
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Excel spreadsheet proficiency
- Ability to perform work onsite in the San Francisco office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial, and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.