RN CARE COORDINATOR
Are you a professional RN who yearns for a meaningful position where you can have a positive impact on the lives of individuals, along with professional autonomy and a healthy work life balance? Come join our team!
WCI – Work, Community, Independence is a non-profit human services agency committed to empowering and supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve rich, meaningful lives at home, work and in their communities. WCI offers many perks and a supportive collaborative culture which values the contributions of each of our employees.
WCI is seeking to hire a full time Registered Nurse. In this position you will work with a committed and dynamic team as a RN care coordinator overseeing the health care needs of individuals with a variety of intellectual, behavioral and developmental disabilities and autism living in residential settings mainly in the Waltham area. You will have an integral role as a educator, resource and liaison. In this position you will have weekends, evenings and eleven annual holidays off.
· Ability to utilize the nursing process to promote optimal mental and physical health of our individuals
· Serves a resource and educator in development of wellness plans based on diet, medication regimen, exercise, preventative care and education to promote healthier lifestyles
· Assists in ongoing training of direct support staff in caring for individual’s medical and personal care needs
· Acts as a consultant responding to issues related to medication administration and acting as a resource to staff when changes in condition and urgent situations arise. Makes subsequent recommendations for follow up
· Collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, VNA, physicians, hospital case managers and Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDS) and family members in developing and following an individualized plan of care
· Maintains communication and coordination with VNA for skilled nursing services, physical and occupational therapy for each Individual
· Provides support and training to staff on interpretation of Regulations, policies and procedures of DDS, DPH and WCI. Makes recommendations in order to meet compliance with regulations and provide optimal quality of care
· Provides medical case management including audits of medical records, training of support staff to interpret and follow up on medical appointments, coordination of services, implementation of recommendations and treatment
· Attends physician appointments and reviews physical exams and visits to specialists. Assists in ensuring that treatment plan is followed up and medical care, psychiatric care and referrals are coordinated
· Serves as advocate for individual members and develops positive relationships with Operations, families and significant others
· Coordinates admissions and discharges from hospitals and SNFs or rehab settings with other team members to ensure a seamless transition. Maintains documentation in the medical record
· Develops individualized protocols and trains staff on providing care and health supports to individuals with complex medical conditions
· Actively participates in case conferences, multidisciplinary team meetings and risk management meetings
· Assists in providing direct care to include med administration to individuals when needed
· Other job duties as requested by supervisor
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· Valid MA RN license
· Registered Nurse with BSN – 2 Years of experience or more
· Experience with or interest in working with Individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred
· Valid Registered Nursing License in the state of Massachusetts
· Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a medical setting as a Registered Nurse
· Ability to travel to residential homes to provide medical clinical assessments.
· Valid MA driver’s license
· Meets or has the ability to complete state MAP Certification Program to teach coursework developed by the Department of Public Health (DPH) on its Medication Administration Program.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office; knowledge of an Electronic Record System, such as THERAP, preferred
Job Type- Full Time (40 hours a week)
To Apply – Please email resume to Jackie Kauma- firstname.lastname@example.org