Wave Life Sciences (Wave) is a biotechnology company focused on delivering transformational therapies for patients with serious, genetically defined diseases. We differentiate ourselves through our proprietary chemistry platform that enables the production of stereopure oligonucleotides precisely targeting the underlying cause of rare diseases. At Wave, we welcome those who share a passion to change lives and embrace a culture that is thoughtful, dynamic, humble, and fearless. Together, we can contribute to our mission enabling every patient with a genetic disease to have access to life-changing treatments.
Wave is seeking a Scientist / Senior Scientist, Investigative Toxicology to join our growing Preclinical Development team in Lexington, MA. Our Preclinical Safety Assessment Mission is to advance the portfolio by generating high-quality non-clinical safety data with well-considered ethical use of animals, utilizing emerging predictive and scientific methodologies, and collaborating with strategic partners in our collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will expand our neuroimmunology and cellular/molecular biology capabilities to support our PRISM platform and multiple projects in the therapeutic discovery and development portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in neuroimmunology and innate immunology. S/he will work independently to design and execute experiments to determine mechanisms of toxicity and/or develop screening assays to effectively de-risk toxicities in the early stages of drug discovery/development. S/he will analyze and interpret data and will regularly present results to various cross-functional project teams.
- Design and conduct innovative experiments utilizing various neuroimmunology, cell, and molecular biology techniques to investigate mechanisms of drug-induced toxicity and/or implement screening assays
- Collaborate cross-functionally with scientists to design hypothesis-driven experiments, coordinate resources, and manage timelines
- Continuously evaluate new technologies to characterize drug-induced toxicities
- Manage proof-of-concept work done in collaboration with external partners and contract research organizations
- Summarize and present work to internal and external project teams
- Write and review technical reports, research protocols, SOPs, and scientific manuscripts for publication
Education / Experience
- Ph.D. in neuroimmunology, immunology, cell biology or a related field
- At least 1-3 years of industry experience
- Experience working with nucleic acid medicines and/or within an investigative toxicology group is a plus
- Broad scientific knowledge with expertise in neuroimmunology and cell biology
- Strong background in developing assays for mechanistic understanding and/or screening applications
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with a strong publication record
- Highly organized and detail-focused with the ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative environment
Throughout the global pandemic, Wave has been committed to ensuring the safety of all employees and their families, while continuing to move the business forward so that we can deliver on our commitment to patients. We have implemented an approach to COVID-19 that is informed by the science and aligns to recommendations established by the CDC and other applicable government health agencies. To that end, Wave has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires its employees to be vaccinated to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Wave Life Sciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wave Life Sciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wave Life Sciences expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Wave Life Sciences’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.