Job Description Summary
- This position assists with the technical aspects of animal and cell experiments, including documentation, preparation of materials, and performing assays.
- The Crewe lab uses mouse models and cell culture to study how extracellular vesicles regulate metabolism in health and obesity.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Prepares tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Performs mouse weaning, genotyping and general colony maintenance
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience with rodents or laboratory animals.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software preferred.
The salary range for this position is $15.61 – $24.39 per hour.
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability status, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation. Women, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit https://wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Washington-University-Medical-Campus/Research-Technician-II—Cell-Biology—Physiology_JR60973