BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (Nonprofit; Unpaid)
The Washington Institute’s mission is to tackle issues at the intersection of business, government and society and help create real solutions for the challenges we face, such as:
• Global Technology and Innovation
• Global Corporate Social Responsibility
• Global Economic Interdependence
The Washington Institute’s Business Development Internship provides talented students with an interest in the fields of business, government, and society the opportunity to springboard their careers and engage in top-level networking with policymakers and executives from around the world.
In collaboration with the Washington Institute’s Business Development team, Business Development interns will engage in research, prospect development, and program support while occupying an externally-facing role. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in the Institute’s nationwide rollout and raise the visibility of the organization in the global business community, on Capitol Hill, and within the ecosystem of research institutions and think tanks throughout the Greater Washington region.
The Washington Institute internship program is highly selective and offers a rare combination of experience in marketable skills and direct exposure to global leaders. In addition, the incumbent will receive a firsthand look at the most pressing cutting- edge issues impacting the sectors of business, government, and society, which will generate considerable insight for the incumbent’s future research in his or her academic or professional career. Previous interns have gone on to receive offers from top private-sector firms and acceptances to globally-renowned academic programs.
• Prospective interns will be current university students (at the undergraduate or graduate level) or recent graduates.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Superior communication skills
• The acumen to build positive relationships between the Institute and external stakeholders
• Strong academic performance and prior work experience (particularly in private-sector settings) are preferred
The Washington Institute for Business, Government and Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer