The C-TECH Technical Instructor (part time) performs technical instruction to students on telecommunication basics including copper cabling, fiber optics, grounding and bonding. The instructor is provided with a pre-written curriculum (C-TECH), lesson plans, interactive workstations, and professional development training. The expected outcomes are consistent with increasing employability skills, attainment of industry-recognized credentials for in-demand occupations and ultimately employment placement in career opportunities.
Job duties include:
- Facilitating C-Tech classes in our Lawrence classroom, and occasionally at the Essex County Sherriff’s Department Pre-release Center
- Teach students real-world skills using a hands-on training approach through 8 weeks of classroom based instruction culminating in the attainment of certification as a Network Cabling Specialist
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate, complete, timely and high quality records that comply with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedures. This may include student timesheets, case notes and student evaluation.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with students, management, team members, and other departments.
- Anticipate and resolve common problems. Recommend and implement solutions when project issues arise.
- Actively participate in curriculum planning sessions as part of C-TECH Broadband Academy.
- Will adapt well to changing job and project requirements based on expansion of funding for this program.
- Work closely with the case management team to assist participants to create Individualized Employment Plans (IEPs) that will guide them through their articulated career pathway and help them overcome barriers to successful employment attainment and retention.
- Receive new participant referrals, create list of participants for each class, develop class curriculum and schedule.
- Work in collaboration with VOAMASS staff to ensure success of program participants.
- Evaluate student progress through quantitative testing and classroom hours accumulation.
- Comply with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPPA privacy and security regulations.
- Other duties as needed and requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in the trades. Experience in cable installation and/or telecommunications industry highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with populations from diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass ECSD background clearance process including attending the required week long orientation through the correctional facility.
- Must completed required training on curriculum and instruction model