The Dispatch Operations Lead’s primary responsibility will be to successfully prepare for and execute all activities associated with managing demand response dispatches. Demand response dispatches are business and time critical. The Dispatch Operations Lead will become an expert in executing dispatches across multiple grid operator and utility programs.
We are a 24/7 team, and we are looking for part-time leads who can work dedicated weekend shifts. There are opportunities to pick up weekday shifts and join weekday team meetings, but significant weekday work is not required. The role is shift-based and your availability and reliability are a critical element to the success of the role; however, this role is remote, which means: no commute!
- Maintain a state of readiness to receive dispatches from grid operators and utilities
- Maximize customer participation in DR through a dispatch management process that makes customer participation simple and successful
- Lead seamless internal communication during dispatches, leveraging other internal team members in support of the shared goal for flawless dispatches
- Identify opportunities to prepare and send customer readiness communications, such as dispatch forecast alerts and seasonal communications, coordinating with account managers and our Customer Success team
- Capture lessons learned following a dispatch; track and follow through on any customer inquiries or issues
The spring and summer seasons are focused on dispatch readiness and performance. Additional demand response dispatches occur throughout the year, but your collateral duties will be predominantly conducted in the fall and winter and will include:
- Manage the collection of settlement data for customers
- Ensure our customer data is accurate, which includes contact information, curtailment plans, and special site instructions
- Ad hoc analysis projects
- Monitor for and ensure market compliance in offer-based programs
- Bright, Gritty, and Good
- Reliable – this is a time-sensitive, quick reaction role
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly
- Strong communicator
- Well organized
- Strong computer skills: comfortable working with a variety of web-based tools
Our mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition we see happening in the world today. If you’d like to play a leading role in helping us achieve this mission, please email your resume to email@example.com and include the full Job Title in your email so we know what role you are applying to.