The Dispatch Operations Associate’s primary responsibility will be to successfully prepare for and execute activities associated with demand response dispatches. Demand response dispatches are business and time critical. The Dispatch Operations Associate will become an expert in executing dispatches across grid operator and utility programs in a designated region.
We are a 24/7 team, and we are currently looking for associates in Eastern and Central US states because of the time zone of these regions. The role is shift-based and your availability and reliability are a critical element to the success of the role; however, this role is remote, which means: no commute!
- Maintain a state of readiness to receive dispatches from grid operators and utilities
- Become an expert in executing dispatches across grid operator and utility programs in a designated region (for example, ERCOT, MISO, and SPP markets)
- Maximize customer participation in DR through a dispatch management process that makes customer participation simple and successful
- Lead seamless internal communication during dispatches, leveraging other internal team members in support of the shared goal for flawless dispatches
- Capture lessons learned following a dispatch. Track and follow through on any customer inquiries or issues
The spring and summer seasons are focused on dispatch readiness and performance. Additional demand response dispatches occur throughout the year, but your collateral duties will be predominantly conducted in the fall and winter and will include:
- Own process documentation, internal and external. stakeholder communications, and customer readiness for the Central region
- Create and deliver seasonal communications to customers
- Schedule and conduct dispatch verification tests, which can include seasonal portfolio testing for market compliance
- Ensure the collection of settlement data for customers
- Ensure our customer contact information and curtailment plans are up to date
- Take ownership of reporting tools and ad hoc analysis projects, supported by a fluency in Google Sheets, Python, and SQL
- Monitor market participation and take necessary actions to ensure Voltus market compliance
- Bright, Gritty, and Good
- Reliable – this is a time-sensitive, quick reaction role
- Ambitious and willing to learn quickly
- Strong communicator
- Well organized
- Strong computer skills: comfortable working with a variety of web-based tools
Our mission is to be the Distributed Energy Platform that fulfills the promise of the energy transition we see happening in the world today. If you’d like to play a leading role in helping us achieve this mission, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the full Job Title in your email so we know what role you are applying to.