Voltus represents the “potential of us” to better manage energy through simple, cost and risk-free distributed energy resource participation in electricity markets. Our customers generate cash by allowing us to maximize the value of their operational flexibility and behind-the-meter assets in energy markets. We hire teammates who are bright, gritty, and good and who have a genuine passion for delivering a cleaner energy future and for working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Voltus is looking for an Associate Product Manager to help us deliver new products that allow our customers to be smarter energy consumers and earn cash with their Distributed Energy Resources (DERs). In this role you will be responsible for working closely with Product Managers to establish roadmaps, with Design and Engineering to execute on ongoing initiatives, as well as leveraging data to uncover opportunities to deliver exceptional value to our customers at scale.
You are an enthusiastic right-brain communicator, with extremely strong left-brain technical capability. You love sketching out detailed user stories, user personas, and technical specs. You gobble up user research and product analytics, pushing us to become even more data-driven than we already are. You are eager to work with some of the smartest software engineers out there, and to learn from and collaborate with them and other Bright, Gritty, and Good colleagues.
- Learn the role of demand response and distributed energy resources in energy markets
- Provide data-driven prioritization of stakeholder needs, explained in simple and transparent terms
- Work closely with Product Managers to maintain a product backlog
- Own the entirety of issue and idea management for your areas of product focus
- Contribute to the entire product development process, from user research to detailed documentation to making sure the product gets out the door on time
- Work closely with Engineering to write technical scopes and documentation
- Manage the day-to-day efforts of ongoing initiatives, from managing standups, to triaging bugs, to providing project updates to the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Strong understanding of technical concepts and software technologies
- Experience gathering user feedback and advocating on their behalf
- Ability to distill data into actionable insights
- Equally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus: experience working in an agile environment
- Bonus: experience working in the energy technology industry
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.