Vital Thought is a human-centered tech startup bringing academic insight to all audiences.
We are in the incubation stage and need assistance coordinating our Winter Session of public seminars, and developing our corporate seminar and consulting branches. We also need assistance developing and coordinating ecommerce, in-person NYC events (at Caveat NYC, Betaworks Ventures, and other venues), marketing communications, and branding and growth strategy. This is an excellent flexible, part-time opportunity for someone creative-minded with entrepreneurial acumen and an interest in ethical tech and democratized learning.
We will hire 1-2 candidates on a freelance basis, with 2-10 hours weekly for 6 months. This may be renewed or renegotiated depending on our needs at that time. There may also be other opportunities for further employment and stakeholding in the future.
Position will be largely remote, but attending some incubators, meetings, and events in NYC will be required.
- Assist with the planning, promotion, and implementation of our 2021 Winter Session courses (running Jan-March)
- process marketing data and contribute to the creation of business plan presentations
- graphic design, Photoshop, Indesign, Powerpoint, etc.
- sm management: Mailchimp, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Platform management: Weebly, Square, e-commerce
- communications, with instructors and new clients
- assist the founder with revised branding and growth strategy development
- 6 month position 2-10 hrs weekly (variable, average 5), $20, freelance independent contractor position, potential for more extended employment after 6 months.
- Graduate level education preferred; business, marketing, or media tech background preferred.
Apply by emailing a resume and brief letter of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will interview ASAP and hire ASAP.
We will consider rolling applicants for newly emerging positions until the end of October 2021.