Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury, and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision-making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies, and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building, and multi-drug resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are concentrated in low- and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Pacific. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Vital welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment.
The IT Associate is responsible for supporting the daily IT operations of Vital Strategies, ranging from computer hardware to software to telephony, and thus has a direct impact on the productivity of colleagues. S/he will offer the first tier of technical support for global staff, ensuring timely resolution to technical issues with a focus on customer service.
The position is based in New York City, and the salary range is $52K-$60K. The candidate much have eligibility to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
· Provide around-the-clock, first tier of technical support to the organization, offering timely, courteous service to fellow colleagues.
· Troubleshoot laptops, printers, mobile devices, and their associated software, accounts, and peripherals, escalating as necessary
· Document common technical support issues with resolution, proactively identifying recurring issue areas and implementing solutions
· Manage incoming and outgoing of personnel as pertaining to IT, including local hardware procurement. Take ownership of the onboarding and separation processes.
· Support workshop and meeting audio-video technology
· Document standard business processes
· Manage and administer user accounts
· Assist fellow IT colleagues with various projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
· 2 years of experience in providing technical support to a multi-cultural international team.
· Expertise in Microsoft operating systems and applications: 7, 10; Active Directory; Office 2013, 2016, 2019; Office 365
· Expertise supporting Mac OS 10.11+ and troubleshooting mobile devices: Android, iPhone
· Experience configuring and supporting peripherals: docking stations, monitors, printers, etc.
· Experience configuring and supporting enterprise software: antivirus, productivity, communications, etc.
· Understanding of TCP/IP and general networking
· Experience supporting audio-video equipment a plus.
· Familiarity with scripting (VBScript, PowerShell), Zoom, Smartsheets, Box, Group Policy, WSUS, WDS, Lenovo products, networking configuration and protocols, Adobe suite, Zendesk a plus
· Microsoft and other technical certifications a plus
· Associates degree or further education in a technical field desired
· Ability to problem solve.
· Excellent judgement and decision making.
· Ability to work independently and with a team.
· Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize on an ongoing basis.
· Ability to rapidly and independently learn new technologies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Cultural sensitivity
· Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume via the Vital Strategies Career page on our website. The application deadline is December 1, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application link: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=VITASTRA&cws=37&rid=443