Viscadia is a leading professional services firm focused exclusively on pharmaceutical and biotech forecasting. We are a rapidly growing firm, comprised of driven, collegial, and intellectually curious individuals. Our team of experts come with many years of experience from the healthcare industry and/or the consulting space.
We seek a Consultant to join our US team in Boston. Consultants play a critical role in the success of our projects and often act as the bridge between clients and internal teams in delivering impactful and relevant solutions and insights. They frequently engage with the company leadership and are well-positioned to grow and develop within the organization.
This position will report directly to an Associate Principal or Principal.
- Develop a clear understanding of client situations and circumstances and visualize Viscadia’s role in helping solve their problems
- Gain familiarity and expertise in pharmaceutical forecasting and aim for excellence and functional leadership in this regard
- Identify and apply the relevant problem solving techniques and frameworks to address client needs
- Devise and execute market research – primary and secondary – to aid the process of problem solving
- Develop in-depth understanding of Viscadia’s internal frameworks, approaches and methodologies
- Design and execute custom solutions to client problems using Excel, VBA, Access, Python / R, SQL, Tableau, etc.
- Develop the therapeutic area expertise necessary to contextualize and support the problem solving process
- Execute analysis, create deliverables and collaborate with project team on a day-to-day basis
- Crystallize analyses and deliver communication to clients as well as internal stakeholders through verbal and written media (emails, PowerPoints, etc.)
- Develop working relationships with clients and serve as point-of-contact on key frontiers in the engagement
- Actively participate in and contribute to developing Viscadia’s capabilities and enhancing our offering
- BA/BS required; Graduate degree preferred
- 3-4 years of experience in consulting, analytics or similar roles in the pharmaceutical/biotech domain
- Strong analytical abilities with the knack of crystallizing insights and recommendations from complex analyses
- Excellent literacy in Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of (or willingness to learn) more advanced tools like Python, SQL and Tableau
- Functional knowledge of healthcare datasets, syndicated databases and other related resources preferred
- Some understanding of forecasting and associated practices is a plus
- Willingness to work in a small and fast-growing organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good attention to detail with an unwavering focus on quality
- Passionate about consulting, and delivering value to drive client business