SOFTWARE ENGINEER ( MACHINE LEARNING )
VOLUNTEER, PART-TIME, UNPAID
Virufy, a nonprofit research consortium of researchers, innovators, and scientists, has united volunteers from 25+ countries to develop a smartphone app for the detection of COVID-19. Initially developed as a Stanford University COVID-19 Response Innovation Lab project, Virufy’s artificial intelligence (AI) COVID-19 diagnostic solution fights the pandemic through widespread, accessible, and free testing. Our team includes a dozen One Young World ambassadors, a social impact network in 200 countries whose members include Prime Ministers and Nobel Peace Laureates.
Our team of part-time volunteers works with machine learning, deep learning, and signal analysis for audio analysis in a medical setting. We welcome individuals with professional experience in these domains to apply. The candidate will be immersed in a collaborative environment alongside AI engineers and mentors.
- Assist in scaling our state-of-the-art ML approaches for detecting COVID from coughs.
- Train, build, and deploy AI models into production.
- Produce clean code and APIs to facilitate understanding within the team.
- Collaborate with product management and leadership to deliver on expectations.
- Build data ingest and data transformation infrastructure.
- Process and feature extract from a wide array of input data types.
- Identify transfer learning opportunities and auxiliary training datasets.
Requirements for strong candidates:
- 1-2 years of experience working with frameworks and open source technologies in an SDE role.
- Passionate and committed to the Virufy mission. Show up to stand-up meetings on time, communicate effectively, and share learnings with the team
- Strong Python programming experience with toolkits such as Pandas, NumPy, Librosa
- Bonus: Experience in training models with frameworks like Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras
- Bonus: Hands-on AI programming experience working on (ideally) enterprise products
- Bonus Experience using AI for healthcare in clinical research studies and solving real-world problems
Minimum 10 hours per week, including stand-up, sprint review, and other meetings
Please reach out to Vivek ( Recruiter ) at email@example.com with your resume & cover letter OR just apply here. As soon as you apply, Please be on a lookout for a message from Vivek to setup an interview with you if you are qualified – Check LinkedIn Daily !