Software Engineer (Milpitas, California)
View is seeking driven Software Engineers to join the IoT Organization. The IoT Organization at View works to develop innovative Smart Building solutions that power the buildings of the future.
As a Software Engineer within the IoT Organization, the individual will be tasked with designing and implementing edge, cloud, and IoT infrastructure that serves as the backbone of our technology stack. Many of the services and infrastructure that the individual will work on will involve real world components or processes, and outcomes will be tangible. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow engineers and non-engineers.
- Full software development life cycle (SDLC): Analyze software requirements, perform code design, write software, and conduct testing, debugging, and analysis.
- Generate written reports and documentation as needed. Maintain accurate documentation of work performed, as well as concepts, designs, drawings, and processes.
- Work closely with product management and other stakeholders for commissioning, installation, deployment and monitoring
- Work in strong agile environment; ability to write test cases and simulators
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Hands on knowledge of Go, C, C++, Java
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as nonexperts
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects with other teams
- Less than 5 years of experience in an engineering field (we do not want subject matter experts)
- The ability to quickly learn and develop skills as new problems are encountered
- Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Data Science preferred