View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change. We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
At View you will be responsible for ensuring that our products meet or exceed the stringent reliability requirements of the industry. Through understanding of the drivers and mechanism of long-term performance degradation, you will define the changes to materials and processes needed to improve performance. You will be challenged to devise testing equipment and methods, design and execute testing, analyze and interpret results, translate learning into immediate actionable items, and monitor performance of the implemented changes.
- Drive durability testing and characterization of View generated products through management of sample testing, subsequent metrology, and finally analysis of metrology results
- Root cause failure analysis of field returns or samples from accelerated testing, and translation of this analysis into actionable recommendations for production
- Design of testing procedures to probe new materials or reliability concerns
- Documentation and communication of results
- Travel (<15% of time) to field sites or the View R&D facility
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with Statistical Methods: DOE Design-Analysis, SPC, ANOVA, and other statistical methods
- Knowledge of thin film characterization techniques (TEM, SEM, XPS, XRD etc.)
- Knowledge of Sputtering / Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) process
- Detail orientated, with strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
Preference will be given to candidates with the following
- Experience with reliability and durability testing, particularly for semiconductors, packaging, solar
- Knowledge of environmental reliability testing and metrology (Temperature Cycle, HAST, Temperature Shock, Biased HAST, Shock, Vibration)
- Certification as a reliability engineer
- Experience in glass coating, semiconductor and packaging, solar, disc drive media or similar industries
- and Databases such as SQL
- Familiarity with SAS-JMP, Minitab or similar statistical packages
- Experience with electrochemical techniques
M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering or physical sciences (Material Science, Physics, Chemistry). Recent College Graduates encouraged to apply.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.