View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
The successful candidate will lead the Corrective Action Process at View. The right candidate will assist in the review and documentation of all product specifications driving change as needed. This individual will be closely involved in the development and maintenance of quality systems, calibration systems and capability analysis of measurement equipment and products. Guarantee the QA Department is heavily involved and ensuring the correct production of energy-efficient electrochromic windows. Coordinate and plan special projects when the need arises. Awareness of material interactions, extreme attention to detail, excellent oral/written communication and the ability to work independently as a self-motivated and results driven individual are key attributes of the successful candidate.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the Quality Assurance team in root cause analysis for internal and external quality concerns.
- Demonstrated yield reduction experience in a team environment.
- Work and mentor a new and dedicated team of Quality Technicians as a coach and trainer.
- Lead root cause analysis using tolls such as 8D, 5P and effective resolutions.
- Lead corrective actions in response to internal and external non-conformances and system weaknesses utilizing PHRED Solutions.
- Assist Director of Quality in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality management system.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, making recommendations.
- Assist Director of Quality in development, training and coaching of operations colleagues to build quality awareness.
- Assisting Quality Technicians in carrying out tests and checks – often in a laboratory environment.
- Establishing Failure Analysis procedure and ensuring reliability of FA activities performed on the product.
- Work with Director of Quality to implement the appropriate corrective action to quality problems in the assigned area with support from manufacturing engineering, operations, quality, maintenance, and other departments as needed.
- Overseeing inspection and testing of incoming materials and ensuring that they meet the ASTM and industry and design requirements.
- Responsibility to ensure accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices used in manufacturing processes, product inspections, and failure analysis.
- Performs internal audits of all departments when required.
- Assisting in the application of Statistical Process Control to monitor manufacturing processes (e.g., use of control charts, etc.)
- Performing duties pertaining to the Material Review Board (MRB).
- Experience with ensuring compliance with SOP, quality standards, and any regulatory requirements (e.g., SGCC, IGCC, ASTM, IGMA, EN1279, ISO 9001).
- Assisting in defining and implementing key metrics for:
- Monitoring the quality system and quality control effectiveness and to push for higher standards of quality execution.
- Measuring product quality performance against established standards/processes and to continually improve performance.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of quality systems
- Process capability and Cpk study background
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent organizational and good Interpersonal skills
- Able to perform well in high pressure situations
- Five plus years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with a background in Quality Assurance
- Hands-on experience mentoring and coaching in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Lean Six Sigma Certified; Green Belt or Black Belt
- Experience with ISO9001 and IATF16949
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematical (STEM) fields of study or 5 or more years of related quality experience
- ASQ CQE Certification is a plus
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.