View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
Working under the Vice President of Process Engineering and alongside the Technology, Engineering and Production/Operations Departments, the successful candidate will be responsible for continuously improving production efficiency, increasing yield percentages, product quality and failure analysis by defining and implementing optimal glass processing methods, materials, products and standards at View’s Olive Branch, MS high-volume manufacturing facility.
- Developing advanced glass coatings and procedures by planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Defining the best manufacturing procedures using proven statistical methods
- Driving continuous improvement programs for defect reduction and performance improvements
- Recommending hardware improvements and working closely with engineering team to implement improvements
- Designing tests to ensure product reliability and meet lifetime requirements
- Providing technical and non-technical support to production team
- Developing analytical capabilities to support customer expectation
- Monitoring data logging system and develop new data analysis systems
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to develop and define process parameters based on DOE, statistical process control
- Course work in or working knowledge of Sputtering aka Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) process and vacuum systems
- Course work in or working knowledge of the following thin film and materials characterization techniques: SEM, XRD, AFM, TEM, EDX, RBS & SIMS as well as of optical analysis of thin films, specifically ellipsometry and optical modelling
- Working knowledge of the coding languages MATLAB, C/C++ & VBA & statistical
Master’s degree in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or STEM related field
PhD is preferred
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View does not accept unsolicited resumes and does not compensate third parties who have not been specifically retained to conduct a candidate search or provide other contracted services.