Mechanical Engineer (Milpitas, California)
View is seeking driven Mechanical Engineers to join the IoT Organization. The IoT Organization at View works to develop innovative Smart Building solutions that power the buildings of the future.
As a Mechanical Engineer within the IoT Organization, the individual will be tasked with designing and manufacturing platform components that power the View Smart Building Platform. The individual will also work with our manufacturing partners to validate and test components. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow engineers and non-engineers.
- Work within engineering teams to conceptualize, design and deliver new products
- Make detailed 3D CAD models, find relevant materials, components, and systems for the product
- Create and debug prototypes for reliability testing and iteratively improvements on the way to production
- Work with manufacturing partners and travel to the factory to support build
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as non-experts
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects with other teams
- Less than 5 years of experience in an engineering field (we do not want subject matter experts)
- The ability to quickly learn and develop skills as new problems are encountered
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred