View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
In this position, you will be performing maintenance responsibilities on world class manufacturing equipment at our Olive Branch, MS factory. You will be working with other maintenance technicians, equipment engineers, technicians, and operations staff to ramp production in our high-volume manufacturing facility. You will be able to make an impact from day one given the size of the team, and have your ideas heard and adopted. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and maintain all equipment and equipment subsystems such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, refrigeration, instrumentation and controls as assigned.
- Diagnose equipment faults/failures down to the root cause. Repair the equipment appropriately. Make recommendation to address all root cause issues found.
- Use the CMMS system to complete and document all maintenance performed on the equipment in a timely manner.
- work with Equipment Engineers and Maintenance Planners to optimize the maintenance performed on equipment.
- Recommend updates to the Spare Parts Management systems to ensure that the optimal level of parts is available
- Rebuild equipment to bring it back to Like New condition and return them to Spare Parts Inventory.
- Set up equipment to support internal and external customer requests
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Follow operating procedures and work instructions when performing duties as applicable.
- Record repairs and machine maintenance data
- Reading work orders and specifications to identify machines requiring repair
- Collaborating with coworkers in all tasks to continuously improve any issues found.
- Monitoring work being performed by outside contractors
- Complying with all safety policies and procedures when performing maintenance
- Performing additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors and managers
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 + years of equipment maintenance experience
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical/mechanical schematics, block diagrams and flow charts
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, instrumentation, controls, and hydraulic processes
- Ability to make sound equipment maintenance decisions under minimal direction
- Ability to physically able to push, pull and lift, at times heavy loads throughout the day
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to identify maintenance problems and implement standard courses of action to resolve problems within established project timeframes and administrative and technical requirements.
- Ability to utilize precision measurement equipment properly, including calipers, micrometers, multimeters, meggers, depth gauge, and calibration equipment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, NFPA and OSHA requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to communicate effectively with production staff
- Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- 10+ years of equipment maintenance experience
- Experience in a glass manufacturing or Nano-coating processing industry
- Craft/Maintenance related Apprenticeship program, Associate Degree maintenance program or military maintenance school.
- 3+ yrs of experience in manufacturing, or equipment engineering, with a strong hands-on ability.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelors’ degree or higher in science or engineering related fields of study.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
View, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors or agencies.