Firmware Engineer (Milpitas, California)
View is seeking driven Firmware Engineers to join our IoT Organization. The IoT Organization at View works to develop innovative Smart Building solutions that power the buildings of the future.
As an Electrical Engineer within our IoT Organization, the individual will be tasked with designing firmware for and distributing firmware to a variety sensing, controls and AI devices that reside within our technology stack. The individual will also be involved in developing testing infrastructure and processes for these devices. Coordination with other engineering teams will also be required as hardware and software iterations across the platform progress. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow engineers and non-engineers.
- Work on design requirements, write code, debugging and analysis, and software documentation for custom embedded systems
- Understand and implement the full software development life-cycle among our products
- Generate written reports and documentation as needed
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and processes.
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of low-level programming languages (C, C++, Rust)
- Experience with RTOS and control systems
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as non-experts
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects with other teams
- Less than 5 years of experience in an engineering field (we do not want subject matter experts)
- The ability to quickly learn and develop skills as new problems are encountered
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science preferred