Electrical Engineer (Milpitas, California)
View is seeking driven Electrical Engineers to join our IoT Organization. The IoT Organization at View works to develop innovative Smart Building solutions that power the buildings of the future.
As an Electrical Engineer within our IoT Organization, the individual will be tasked with designing and manufacturing power and networking components for our Smart Building Platform. The individual will also create tests and test infrastructure for the components that they create and manage. The individual will also be required to coordinate hardware changes with other teams based on the requirements of the project. We’re particularly interested in engineers who can take a problem, simplify that problem, and clearly communicate the importance of and solution to that problem to fellow engineers and non-engineers.
- Develop design requirements, perform circuit and system design and analysis, schematic entry and PCB layout, build and test prototypes, and release of production quality design and documentation
- Develop test fixtures and automation software to facilitate manufacture of our hardware by external contract manufacturers
- Solve electrical engineering problems at the component level throughout system
- Generate written reports and documentation as needed. Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, and drawings
- Oversee outside vendors and consultants as
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout design tools
- Working knowledge of C, C++, Python or other programming languages
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members as well as non-experts
- Capacity to work on cross-functional projects with other teams
- Less than 5 years of experience in an engineering field (we do not want subject matter experts)
- The ability to quickly learn and develop skills as new problems are encountered
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering preferred