View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
In this position, you will support Purdue/ISA 95 Level 2 and Level 3 operational technology (OT) systems in our Olive Branch, MS factory under the direction of Controls Engineering Manager. You will be working with a team of process engineers, equipment engineers, control engineers, technicians, and operations staff to ramp production in our first high-volume manufacturing facility, meaning you will be able to influence the building of future facilities. View’s product is primed for accelerated adoption, and we are only getting started!
- Drive improvements to operational technology systems to support new equipment, uptime, throughput, and yield goals through system and process development and enhancements.
- Partner with process engineering, equipment engineering, IT and operations to test, approve, and track any system changes.
- Be the primary interface with the equipment and software vendors for all the system related issues and upgrades.
- Be the primary interface with IT on OT/IT interfaces and troubleshooting system issues.
- Create documentation (SOPs, troubleshooting guides) to support maintenance activities in troubleshooting OT issues.
- Identify and implement best practice in networking and integration.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Top quartile performance in .Net development in Visual Studio / Azure environment
- Top quartile performance in database design and use
- Proficient in database design and use.
- Ability to implement a working interface from a vendor-supplied API.
- Knowledgeable of good software development practices.
- Knowledge of computer networking.
- Knowledgeable of virtual machine environments and Microsoft server OSes.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication skills to interface with vendors and to present designs for review.
- Experience with Wonderware System Platform and Historian
- Familiar with at least one PLC and HMI development environment.
- Familiar with industrial controls such as motion control, PID, vision systems, safety systems, etc.
- Prior experience supporting high volume production environment.
- Prior experience in glass factory.
- Knowledgeable in Human-Computer Interaction
- Proficient with Rockwell RS Studio software
BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and 3+ years of experience or AS degree with 5+ years of directly related experience.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer